|Start Date:||01/06/2018||Duration:||18 Months|
The validation project wants to establish further and validate all the methodologies and
technologies developed in the framework of the “Aeroelastic Tailoring” activities.
The main objectives are:
- To identify a Third Party Manufacturer (TPM), which owns a target aircraft that
will be the object of the study.
- To test and analyze an already available composite aircraft (non-competitor) of
- To design optimum candidates for the composite wing for the test aircraft by
using the Embraer optimization framework and PoliTO methodologies for design
- To manufacture the optimum composite wing.
- To perform ground and flight tests of the newly optimized wing.
· To identify strengths and criticalities of the framework developed in the “Aeroelastic Tailoring” project (DySAAB, LoHCW, GLAS, and other projects of the partners).
MUL2 PhD students
Rodolfo Azzara, Maria Pia Lionetti